Friday, April 15, 2016

I maxed out my (2015) Roth!

I contributed $5,500 to my Roth for 2015 and I'm so excited!! I just beat the April 18, 2016 deadline and I can't wait to see my retirement funds grow and grow.  Hello retirement, here I come!

I also purchased my first vanguard mutual fund, it was a $3,000 minimum investment. (Geez, kinda steep!) I can't wait to see how much I will have saved in just a few years from now.  Ya'll wish me luck with this investing thing.  I am learning so much everyday.  I am already planning what fund I want to purchase with the next $3,000 that I get in my retirement account. 
 
Now I just need to find $5,500 in my budget for my 2016 contribution...

UPDATE: So I logged into my vanguard account this morning and I already lost a penny! I know, it's long term investing-but it still hurt.  I am going to have to resist the urge to check the balance everyday.  

2 comments:

  1. Don't get down when it's down:). You want to buy low and hold long term. You just want it high in 20+ year. You know this, but it helps to keep hearing it. I swiped the lazy portfolio and follow it. Mainly Vanguard Total Stock Market, a little Total International (that keeps tanking), and a little Total Bond Fund to try to smooth out the waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it does help to keep hearing it! I plan to eventually add some bonds to my portfolio to balance everything out.

      Delete