Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Dividends!

I received my first dividend on my retirement investments. The mutual fund paid $0.179 a share and I received a total of $23.12! I was so excited for free money! LOL- I wish someone had told me about this dividend thing sooner!  However, even with this dividend thing as of this morning-I'm only up about $15 in my retirement account.  I guess any amount of up is better than down, right? 

This investing this is stressful!  I was listening to the radio the other day and one of the hosts on a nationally syndicated radio program stated that he only averaged a 1% return on his retirement account over all of the (20 plus) years of investing.  That's crazy!  He was upset and planning on transferring his investments elsewhere.  It reminded me that I really need to keep a close watch on my investments and if they are not working then I need to make a change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment