Saturday, June 18, 2016

Giving

On my journey to building wealth and getting control of my finances I have learned that giving is an important factor.  Being single with no prospects, at 34, I am beginning to think that most if not all of the wealth that I will accumulate will end up going to a charitable organization upon my death.

So I have started making giving more of a priority, I'm starting off small.  I made a $50 donation to my alma mater.   I sent my pregnant friend (actually she had the baby-but I'm really late!) a $50 gift card to celebrate the new addition.

I'm also trying to think of other ways to give, small ways.  Not just to my family, but to my friends and community.  I think I will be on the look out for more community events so that I can volunteer and then not all of my giving will have to be monetary. I don't want to be ostentatious, I just feel compelled to give and help.  It seems these days the world is terrible and harsh.  I want to find a way to make it a little better when I can. 

Anyone have any suggestions on how they like to give?  


No comments:

Post a Comment