Monday, March 19, 2018

Retirement Savings Update

 My goal this year to contribute $10,500 to my retirement savings. I plan to contribute $5,500 to my Roth and $5,000 to my taxable brokerage account. 

For March I contributed $1,270 to my retirement account. That brings my total contributions for 2018 to $3,270! Only $2,230 more to go to fully fund my Roth for the year.  I hope to be max it out no later than May of this year (maybe April if I can scrounge up some extra money).  Once those contributions are complete I will contribute $5,000 to my taxable brokerage account.

In case you were wondering (and I would because I am a nerd ), I have been tracking my retirement contributions for the year.  They are as follows:





1/15/18    $1,390
2/15/18    $610
3/15/18    $1,270


 How are you doing with your retirement contributions for the year?  Frankly, I feel pretty blessed to be able to put any money towards retirement.  I feel even more blessed that I should be able to max out my Roth in May (less than halfway through the year).  If I receive some of my travel voucher reimbursements in April (I have over $1300 outstanding) I may pull some money out of those to finish out my Roth Contributions in April. 

2 comments:

  1. Great job on retirement. We are doing Dave Ramsey's plan and we are currently investing 13% of our income. We are hoping to have it to 15% by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete