Friday, March 2, 2018

Lowered cell phone bill!

Can you believe that it is already March?  It's going to be another one of those years where it is summer before we know it.

Last month, I worked a bit towards my yearly goals.  I put $610 towards retirement, I have been walking at least 4 times a week, I have been using mturk, I did something new by leaving a tip for the hotel cleaning staff (I had never done that before) and I put an extra $397 towards my mortgage payment.

More or most importantly, I got the cell phone bill down by $40- it is now $208 for 4 lines! One more change and the bill will be down to $170 a month (which hopefully will take place in the next couple of months).  You don't know how great that is because when I took over paying the cell phone bill from my sister (we live together and share expenses) it was $372 a month.  In the last 2 years I have gotten the bill down almost $200!!! (Just a note- I know the cell phone bill is higher than most, but we do have Verizon as it has the best coverage for our area and we pay extra for access to the navigation app as we both travel a great deal for work.  It is nice to have an app to guide us through unfamiliar places when sometimes the rental cars don't have navigation systems. I also don't have to worry about whether I remembered to bring my old, old GPS unit with me ). 

This month I would like to:
1. Contribute to my retirement account.
2. Go to a new restaurant and visit a new city.
3. Pay extra on my mortgage.

4. Finish a book.


What are your goals for the month? 

4 comments:

  1. I thought I said this already, but I saved money on my cell phone bill by using auto-pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably did, I wanted to retitle the post so I could find it easily later. I did not know that you could save money by auto paying. I will have to look into that.

      Delete
  2. You did well! That is a big savings on your cell phone bill. Where will you target this $40 to go?

    I really need to get back into M-Turks. Every little bit does help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I put the extra towards my car replacement fund and my mortgage. Yes, M-Turk is great, I'm almost up to $90!

      Delete