Saturday, February 1, 2014

Debt Update

I got paid on Friday, January 31, 2014.  I paid $96 to my chase credit card which contains the remainder of the debt that I agreed to pay off for my sister (the minimum payment is $25.00).  The total left on that credit card is $1025.  I should be able to payoff that $1025 from my paycheck from February 14, 2014.

 I paid $405 to my capital one card, which I used for my contacts, eye appointment, car registration, gas, dental work, etc.  The remaining balance is $490.  I had $205 left in my house fund ( I set aside approximately $300 a month to use towards the house-often it goes towards debt repayment.) which I put on the card.  I also budget $100 every 2 weeks for gas.  I use this card mainly for gas to get cash back, the card awards 1.5%  on any and all purchases. I used the $100 amount budgeted for gas this pay period and last pay period to bring the total payment up to $405.

 On Monday I will renew my home warranty at a cost of $550 which I will charge to my capital one card.  I also will pay any fee it takes to e-file my taxes.  I have budgeted a $279 payment to the capital one card from my February 14, 2014 pay check.  (*** reminder this capital one card is 0% interest until December of 2014.***) I will probably also use the $300 set to go into my house fund to pay on this card as well  on February 14, 2014. 

Despite all of this I have a comprehensive dental exam on February 7, 2014.  I know the exam alone will cost $154.  This will go on the card as well.  I already know I have a lot of dental work to be done, but I may only get the necessary items done right now unless the dentist is willing to work out a deal for everything.  Otherwise, the other things (other than cleanings) will wait until next year and shoot, I might be able to take the medical deduction if it costs as much as I expect it will.


No comments:

Post a Comment