Sunday, February 23, 2014

Work Update

Everything is status quo at work. My boss's assistant has been coming into work a bit more. (Quite a bit comparatively.) I have been keeping an eye on the job market and looking for a good paying job. So far I haven't seen anything interesting. Sigh. I'm sure when the time is right I will find a new job. God works in mysterious ways, right? Maybe this is a sign that I'm not supposed to leave. The problem is right now, I really feel like I want to leave. I hate the feeling that I am being taken advantage of. I hate feeling like there is someone manipulating things. My boss's assistant continually talks about needing a raise and states that our boss is "working on it". If she gets another raise, I will be leaving. If he doesn't realize that he's being manipulated by now. I don't know what to tell him. NO offense to anyone, but she is an assistant and an office manager, that does not qualify for a $100,000 income in north Florida. She has to be making over $50,000 by now, which is probably $10,000 less than what the paralegal of over 20 years is making.  I don't like to manipulate people (yes, I know unbelievable being a lawyer and all.) so this is all very hard for me to take. I prefer direct, straight talk without threats or manipulation.

Recently, I was off work and I'm glad the paralegal was able to see what it feels like to be the only one in the office and have to answer phones, bill and deal with people coming in and out of the office for several hours. I wish I could arrange it so that happens much, much more so I'm not the only one who sees the problem.

Off topic- I need to work an eyebrow waxing into budget ASAP!! 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment