Monday, February 17, 2014

Stress

I am so stressed about paying off my outstanding debt.  This dental work is driving me crazy. I hate not knowing exactly how much it will cost.  I want to know now, so I can plan and obsess! I'm a total mess, I know.  I hope to cash flow all of the dental work. However, I would much rather use that cash to pay down my student loans (or save it).  It's so frustrating.  I am very motivated by seeing progress.  Having to pay for all of this dental work will pretty much stop all of my progress for the year. Sigh.  I know that of course I don't know what the future holds for me. I could lose my job tomorrow and then I wouldn't be able to pay for the dental or my loans, but for now I have goals and plans and I want those to come true.  I want to be wealthy and prepared for just about anything.  I think it is downright shameful when someone makes good money, but has nothing to show for it when that income stream is cutoff.  I really don't want to be that person. If I lose this job I want all my debt to be paid off and my savings accounts to be flush with cash. 

I feel it is so important to be as debt free as possible.  That frees up so much income so you can save and invest. Paying monthly payments for years prevents you from ever getting out from under the pressure that is debt.  I hate the pressure that I feel. It's like a race against an unknown opponent that may or may not be racing you. Will tragedy strike in the midst of paying off debt or saving money? Will I make it to the finish line?  Where is the finish line? Basically $28,220 stands between me and freedom, but its a huge beast with lots of special tricks. Can I battle it on my own?

No comments:

Post a Comment