Friday, January 29, 2016

Mortgage Payments

So when I arrived home from work yesterday I checked the mail and my yearly escrow analysis for my mortgage arrived.   The statement predicted a $182 shortage which means I can pay that $182 now or spread out during the course of the year. 

Sounds like Wells Fargo found out I paid off my student loans. 

Of course I will pay the $182 now.  I don't want my mortgage payment to go up.  In case hard times ever fall upon me, the smaller the mortgage payment the better.  I hate how it seems that the universe can sense a little extra money in your pocket. Oh well.

Now I just have to wait for the homeowner's association dues invoice to arrive...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, those hit us sometimes as well. We had to protest our property taxes this past year because it rose over $50,000. No way in the world it could rise that quickly! Hopefully your homeowners dues are a set amount. Then you are expecting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is crazy. Last year, our property values (allegedly) rose slightly (only about $5,000) which caused a small increase in property taxes.

    ReplyDelete